Skill Development Center (SDC)
ABOUT THE CELL :
Raising employability skills has emerged as an area for attention to improve, synergize and enhance the transition from full - time education into employment.The Cell for Student is expected to provide support and resources throughout students time at UTU; helping them to develop them, plan their career and develop the necessary skills that will make them more attractive to employers. Students will get an opportunity to attend a wide range of interactive workshops, training sessions etc that help them to recognize, develop and articulate their employability skills for future success.
- 1. To support the professional and personal career development of students at the University Campus.
- 2. To support students in completing their studies by providing training in key generic skills.
- 3. To encourage students to develop thought process on their long term professional, personal and career development
- 4. To enhance student's employability skill that will make them more attractive to employers.
EXPECTED BENEFIT :
There are lots of benefits for attending the soft skill development programme .Here are just a few :
- 1. Students are expected to be better prepared and more confident in knowing what to expect from recruiters.
- 2. Help students to know, how to use their time and energy at university to prepare for their bright future career.
- 3. Enable students to enhance skills and qualities they require to strengthen their position and give a competetitive advantage over others in personal, social and professional marketplace.
BASIC THEMES :
- 1. Knowledge and abilities to compete successfully
- 2. Engagement, influence and impact
- 3. Career development
A typical session can be of 2 hour - 4 hours long.
TRAINING PADAGOGY :
- - Discussions
- - Role Plays
- - Cases
- - Management Games-Outbound and inbound
- - Videos / speeches / Movie
- - Field Visits