Two Year Full Time M.Sc. Programme in Physics
M.Sc. (Physics) programme is designed for four semesters (two years) in such a way that a good basic foundation of subjects is laid and applications along with recent developments are comprised. It imparts hands on training in theoretical as well as practical aspects of physics and of computer programming, to tackle physics problems. This programme lays thrust on fundamentals of core and applied subjects of Physics and also provides knowledge on topics of current interest. Classical Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics, Atomic and Molecular Physics, Statistical Mechanics, Nuclear Physics and Solid State Physics lay a basic foundation in core subjects of Physics. Courses such as Electronics, experimental techniques & data analysis, Materials Science, physics ofNanomaterials and Applied Optics provide knowledge of applied topics and cover topics of recent interest also. The department has well equipped labs to provide practical skills to students.
Program also includes presentation in terms of seminar and project presentation as well as dissertation in 2nd year under the guidance of highly qualified faculty members. Dissertation report includes original theoretical results and/or results of experimental work along with literature reviews
These M.Sc. programmes provide opportunity to make career in Research & Development,industries and academic institutions.
To aid in teaching career and research, syllabus is designed in accordance with National (NET) and State (SLET) Eligibility Test.
SEMESTER - 1
SEMESTER - 2
1. Tuition Fee
First 3 Years : 15,000
4th & 5th Year : 25,000
Per Semester* (Applicable as per fee regulatory committee appointed by Government of Gujarat)
2. Other Fee
First 3 Years : 3,250
4th & 5th Year : 4,250
(It includes Cultural Activities, Sports Activities, Internal Examination, Laboratory support, Books support, Student Welfare, Campus Development)
3. One Time Fee
At time of admission
(It includes College Deposit, Registration, and I-Card)
Programme Outcome (PO) & Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
Programme Outcome (PO)
- Knowledge with Technical Proficiency: Systemic and bursting education in the field of Physics will boost enthusiasm and knowledge through higher order thinking which involves active control over the cognitive processes engaged in learning by theoretically as well as practically.
- Professional Growth:Enhancement of versatile skills for continuous professional development in response to technological and social challenges.
- Ethics and Attitudes:Educate students towards issues of social awareness, openness to other national/international cultures and quality of behavior that reflects the honor and dignity of the profession.
- General competence: Student knows the historical development of physics, its possibilities and limitations, and understands the value of lifelong learning. Student is able to gather, assess, and make use of new information.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- Profound knowledge:The students will have knowledge of fundamental laws and principles in a variety of areas of Physics such as electronics, Material science, Astrophysics and simulation etc with their applications.
- Research attribute:The students will develop research skills which might include advanced laboratory techniques, numerical techniques, computer algebra, computer interfacing.The graduates will become effective researcher who will be able to provide lucid summation of the scientific literature on a given topic of study.
- Problem analysis and solving: The graduates will develop the skill to plan, execute and report the results of an extended experimental or theoretical Physics based project in a research environment.
- Communication skills :Develop communication skills, both written and oral, for specialized and non-specialized audiences.