5 Years Integrated M.Sc.(Physics)
The Integrated M.Sc programme follows a semester-based course structure and continuous assessment within a flexible and innovative academic curriculum. The key features of the programmes are ample choices with various disciplines and elective subjects as well as seminars & projects in the final year to orient the students with the self-confidence and to meet with the challenges at global front. For Integrated M.Sc. exit option is available after successful completion of three years. The offers students a higher level of education in applied/basic sciences to enable them to tackle intricate Physics problems compromising both academics as well as industrial fields. Syllabi are designed to cater the growing need of industries and research. Classroom teaching includes tutorials with problem solving approach and assignments. It aims at developing awareness, aspiration and innovative ability to solve new scientific problems. Introduction to Computer Programming is included which will be helpful to students in their professional and research career.
The duration of the course shall be full time five academic years (i.e. Ten Semesters).
Exit option is available after successful completion of third year (i.e. Six Semesters).
SEMESTER - 1
SEMESTER - 2
SEMESTER - 3
SEMESTER - 5
2017 - 18
|060100401||Mathematical Physics 2|
|060100402||Modern Physics and Communication Technology|
|060100403||Digital Systems and Applications|
1. Tuition Fee
First 3 Years : 15,000
4th & 5th Year : 25,000
Per Semester* (Applicable as per fee regulatory committee appointed by Government of Gujarat)
2. Other Fee
First 3 Years : 3,250
4th & 5th Year : 4,250
(It includes Cultural Activities, Sports Activities, Internal Examination, Laboratory support, Books support, Student Welfare, Campus Development)
3. One Time Fee
At time of admission
(It includes College Deposit, Registration, and I-Card)
Programme Outcome (PO) & Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
Programme Outcome (PO)
- Knowledge with Technical Proficiency: Systemic and bursting education in the field of Physics will boost enthusiasm and knowledge through higher order thinking which involves active control over the cognitive processes engaged in learning by theoretically as well as practically.
- Professional Growth:Enhancement of versatile skills for continuous professional development in response to technological and social challenges.
- Ethics and Attitudes:Educate students towards issues of social awareness, openness to other national/international cultures and quality of behavior that reflects the honor and dignity of the profession.
- General competence: Student knows the historical development of physics, its possibilities and limitations, and understands the value of lifelong learning. Student is able to gather, assess, and make use of new information.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PSO1: Understand the set of physical laws, describing the motion of bodies, under the influence of system of forces.
- PSO2: Analyze the applications of mathematics to the problems in physics & develop suitable mathematical method for such application & for formulation of physical theories.
- PSO3: Learn the structure of solid materials & their different physical properties along with metallurgy, cryogenics, electronics, & material science.
- PSO4: Understand the fundamental theory of nature at small scale & levels of atom & sub-atomic particles.
- PSO5: Assess the errors involved in an experimental work and make recommendations based on the results in an effective manner.
- PSO6: Develop research skills which might include advanced laboratory techniques, numerical techniques, computer algebra, computer interfacing.
- PSO7: Develop the skill to plan, execute and report the results of an extended experimental or theoretical Physics based project in a research environment.