Syllabus for Diploma in Mechanical
10th / 12th passed in Science Stream.
The duration of the course shall be Full time three academic years. Each academic year shall be divided into two semesters.
SEMESTER - 1
|020020103||Environment Conservation and Hazard Management|
SEMESTER - 2
|020020204||Material Science and Metallurgy|
|020020205||Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering|
|020020206||Basics of Civil Engineering|
SEMESTER - 3
2016 - 17
SEMESTER - 4
|020020401||Manufacturing engineering II|
|020020402||Thermal engineering I|
|020020403||Theory of machines|
|020020404||Computer aided design|
|020020405||Metrology & Instrumentation|
|020020406||Plant maintenance and safety|
SEMESTER - 5
|020020502||Design of Machine Elements|
|020020503||Machine Tools Technology|
|020020505||Estimating, Costing and Contracting|
|20020506||Thermal Engineering Practice|
|20020508||Tool Design Practice|
SEMESTER - 6
|020020601||Computer Aided Design And Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM)|
|020020602||Computer Graphics And Computer Aided Manufacturing (CG/CAM)|
|020020604||Industrial Engineering Practice|
|020020607||Institute Elective I (Theory)|
|Refrigeration And Air Conditioning|
|Advance Manufacturing System|
|Advance Machine Design|
|Production Management And Information Systems|
|020020608||Institute Elective I (Practices)|
|Refrigeration And Air Conditioning Practice|
|Advance Manufacturing System Practice|
|Advance Machine Design Practice|
|Production Management And Information Systems Practice|
|Fabrication Technology Practice|
|Automobile Engineering Practice|
|020020609||Institute Elective II (Theory)|
|Power Plant Engineering|
|Advance Industrial Engineering|
|Hydraulic And Pneumatic Devices|
|020020610||Institute Elective II (Practices)|
|Power Plant Engineering Practice|
|Advance Industrial Engineering Practice|
|Operations Management Practice|
|Foundary Technology Practice|
|Hydraulic And Pneumatic Devices Practice|
Programme Outcome (PO) & Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
Programme Outcome (PO)
- PO 1: Engineering knowledge: An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering practises.
- PO 2: Problem analysis: An ability to identify and solves engineering problems
- PO 3: Design/development of solutions: An ability to design a component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints
- PO 4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: An ability to use the skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for solving engineering problems.
- PO 5: Modern tool usage: The broad education and understanding of new engineering techniques necessary to solve engineering problems.
- PO 6: The engineer and society: Achieve professional success with an understanding and appreciation of ethical behaviour, social responsibility, and diversity, both as individuals and in team environments.
- PO 7: Environment and sustainability: Articulate a comprehensive world view that integrates diverse approaches to sustainability.
- PO 8: Ethics: Identify and demonstrate knowledge of ethical values in non-classroom activities, such as service learning, internships, and field work
- PO 9: Individual and team work: An ability to analyse the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
- PO 10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO 11: Project management and finance: Implement project management knowledge, processes, lifecycle and the embodied concepts, tools and techniques in order to achieve project success.
- PO 12: Life-long learning: A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
During the study of Mechanical engineering program, students will demonstrate the Following;
- PSO1: An ability to apply knowledge of computing, mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals appropriate to design, thermal and manufacturing problems.
- PSO2:An ability to design solution for thermal, hydraulics and machining systems and design components and processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for factor of safety, social and environmental aspects.
- PSO3: Perform procedures as per laboratory standards in the areas of Dynamics, Design, Manufacturing and Hydraulics.