Syllabus for Bachelor of Science (Nursing)
- The minimum educational qualification shall be higher secondary Examination (10+2) or an equivalent examination with Biology, Physics, Chemistry & English passed with Minimum 45% of aggregate (PCBE).
- The candidates' age for admission shall be 17 years on or before 31st Dec. of the year of admission.
- The candidate should be medically fit.
- GUJCAT Examination certificate is necessary.
- 5% is relaxed for SC/ST candidates.
The duration of the course shall be Full time four academic years.
Programme Outcome (PO) & Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
Programme Outcome (PO)
On completion of the four year B.Sc nursing program the graduate will be able to:
- Apply knowledge from physical, biological and behavioral sciences, medicine including alternative system s and nursing in providing nursing care to individual, families and communities.
- Demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors which affect health of individual and groups.
- Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and groups
- Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the national health policies and programs.
- Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationships and teamwork.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in clinical/ community health settings.
- Participate effectively as members of the health team in health care delivery system.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical / community health settings.
- Conduct need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research findings to improve the quality of care.
- Demonstrate awareness, interest and contribute towards advancement of self and of the profession.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- To provide the students with a complete, systematic theoretical and practical deep knowledge regarding all aspects of client and family centered nursing care.
- To cultivate a culture of quality, evidence based safe and cost-effective nursing care.
- Formulate nursing practice and decisions using evolving knowledge and research from nursing science.
- To discuss the health strategies in promoting, maintaining and restoring health and well-being of the individual family and community with a holistic approach.
- To uphold the standards and values of the nursing profession including accepting responsibility for learning and personal growth.
- To achieve the skills to impart nursing care with compassion, by considering to individuals of diverse cultures, values, beliefs, and lifestyles.
- To develop leadership skills and knowledge of the management process in designing, managing and coordinating safe, quality, and cost-effective patient-centered care.