Syllabus for B.Sc (Biotechnology)
12th passed in Science
The duration of the course shall be full time three academic years. Each academic year shall be divided into two semesters.
Please visit the link below
Please visit the link below
Programme Outcome (PO) & Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
Programme Outcome (PO)
- PO 1: Knowledge: The students acquire strong theoretical background along with necessary skills and techniques in biological sciences and have the ability to use these tools in industry, hospitals, community and institutes or any other profession they would like to pursue.
- PO 2: Core Competence: By studying the components of living cells, students can learn how to control, fix and modify them to our benefit. This knowledge has already lead to the creation and manufacture of various products that help in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases (e.g. the production of antibiotics, insulin, and other genetically engineered medicines such as safer recombinant vaccines). Biotechnology is also playing a role in providing services in the areas like healthcare, food, agriculture, energy and the environment.
- PO 3: Breadth: Biotechnology assimilates in itself a number of disciplines. There is a great demand for biotechnologists in countless diversified industries and sectors such as, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Environmental Conservation, Genetic Engineering, Health Care, Medicine, Industrial Research and Development.
- PO 4: Preparation: The curriculum is designed in such a way that in the first year the students are exposed to the fundamental aspects of plant science, animal science, microbial world and chemistry. Subsequently, they are made to learn specialized aspects such as enzymology, immunology, bacteriology, tissue culture, genetic engineering etc along with practical applications. During the final year the students are supposed to work on the project of practical application. They are also introduced to the conservation aspects of biodiversity and business entrepreneurial skills.
- PO 5: Professionalism: The students who have acquired a graduate degree in biotechnology can easily find a suitable position in a number of industries engaged in processing and developing agricultural and biological products, bio-processing, pharmaceutics and chemicals.
- PO 6: Evaluation: Academic performance evaluation of a student is according to a letter grading system = Total of Continuous Internal Evaluation (CIE) + Semester End Examination (SEE).
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
After successful completion of program the Graduates will be able to ;
- Identify and formulate healthcare, textile, cosmetics, agriculture, marine products.
- Understand biology, mechanism, and dynamics and work on laboratory techniques involving microorganisms, plants and animals tissues.
- Developing many useful products for man and cleaning the environment.