Syllabus for Bachelor of Physiotherapy (B.P.T.)
- Citizenship: Indian nationals can apply under the General category. Foreign nationals or Non Resident Indians or Indian Nationals supported by NRI relatives can apply under the Foreign/NRI category
- Qualification: The minimum educational qualification shall be higher secondary Examination (10+2) or an equivalent examination with Biology, Physics & Chemistry( PCB ) passed with minimum 45% of aggregate and as per policy decided by "Admission Committee for Professional Under Graduate Medical Courses (ACPUGMEC)" norms
The candidate's age for admission shall be 17 years on or before 31st Dec. of the year of admission.
The candidate should be medically fit.
- The duration of the course shall be Full time four years followed by six month compulsory rotatory internship.
- Each academic year shall be divided into two semester
Programme Outcome (PO) & Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
Programme Outcome (PO)
- PO1-Critical Thinking: Acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to help them practice efficiently and accurately.
- PO2: Apply the methods of evaluation and differential diagnosis in Physiotherapy and develop the appropriate rehabilitation program for patients.
- PO3-Long life learning: Increase awareness of modern trends in physiotherapy and rehabilitation through developing long life learning skills.
- PO4-Individual and Team work: Students will be able to work with the medical team in a creative and flexible manner and show responsibility, commitment and leadership.
- PO5-Communication Skills: Apply the communication and collaboration skills, values, ethics and attitudes that will enable them to effectively deal with patients, families and medical team.
- PO6-ResearchPossess: research strategies and techniques that develop their problem based solving, evidence based thinking and decision making skills in the field of Physiotherapy
- PO7-Social Interaction: Elicit views of others, mediate disagreements and help to reach conclusions in-group setting.
- PO8-Effective citizenship: Demonstrate empathetic social concern and equity center national development and the ability to act with an informed awareness of issues and participate in civic life through volunteering.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- PSO1- Students willbe able to know about the physiotherapy concepts and skills related to basic medical knowledge, therapeutic modalities, electrotherapy and special techniques.
- PSO2- Develop physiotherapy skills in diagnosing different conditionsby assessing needs, developing plans, implementing Physiotherapy programs and follow up evaluation.
- PSO3-Capable of analyzing and evaluating information, making decisions, applying research methods, reasoning critically and solving problems in Physiotherapy practice
- PSO4-Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of physiotherapy practice.
- PSO5-Apply information technology skills in research, documentation for long life learning in Physiotherapy.
- PSO6-Develop metacognitive awareness, attitudes and reflection skills in physiotherapyPractice.